Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sanctuary?

I've spent most of the last few days in bed.

My memory after writing the last post is hazy, at best. I vaguely recall walking around, feeling like something far off was calling to me and... next thing I know, I'm waking up in a bed. Someone did their best to patch me up.

Apparently, this place is a hostel. The guy who runs it calls himself Sal and says that it's a safe place, where Runners don't have to worry about Them. He never asked me what my story was, though I could see the faint curiosity in his eyes, and for that I'm grateful.

Runner, though... Not sure if I'd use that term to describe myself. A Fighter? No, too militaristic.

Well, whatever I am, I'm at least glad for the temporary reprieve. Even Judas isn't bothering me. He's been quiet ever since we got here.

No comments:

Post a Comment